Warranty conditions for new Suzuki vehicles and the scope of warranties of Suzuki Motor (Thailand) Co, Ltd
Suzuki vehicles carry a three-year warranty and the coverage commences on the delivery date as recorded in the service booklet. Under the warranty, scheduled maintenance is provided for the first 3 years of ownership or 100,000 km – whichever comes first. Suzuki Motor (Thailand) Co, Ltd provides a warranty for all new Suzuki vehicles sold by the company or authorized dealers. The maintenance program covers defects in materials or workmanship under normal operating conditions and maintenance. In case of failures found in a new Suzuki vehicle, the company warrants that it will repair, adjust or replace the defective parts free of charge. All maintenance services must be included in the maintenance program as set out in the warranty terms and conditions.
- General parts are covered in the first 3 years or 100,00 km (whichever comes first).
- Paintwork and bodywork are covered in the first 3 years or 100,000 km (which comes first).
- Battery and tailpipe are covered in the first year or 20,000 km (whichever comes first).
- Wheel alignment and tire balancing faults are covered in the first 3 months or 5,000 km (whichever comes first).
- Clutch lining and pressure plate are covered in the first 3 months or 5,000 km (whichever comes first).
- Remote control key fob batteries are covered in the first 6 months.
- Coverage of the tires is in accordance with the terms and conditions of the tire manufacturer in the first 2 years or 50,000 km (which comes first).
These covered items must be under the terms and conditions as outlined in the warranty booklet.
- Any Suzuki vehicle that has never received scheduled maintenance provided by Suzuki service centers and in accordance with a recommended servicing timeline as outlined in the warranty and service record booklet from the first 1,000 km to 100,000 km.
- Any Suzuki vehicle that has not been serviced by Suzuki service centers authorized by Suzuki Motor (Thailand) Co, Ltd.
- Any Suzuki vehicle that has been given alterations and modifications resulting in the vehicle being in the condition far from the standards set by the Suzuki production factory.
- Any Suzuki vehicle that has been used as a rental, a racer, a vehicle for hire or any Suzuki vehicle that has been used in such conditions that result in failures, wear and tear or damage that exceeds the wear limits of normal operating conditions
- Damage (including consequential) that results from installation or assembly of non-genuine Suzuki accessories that could cause collateral damage to other parts.
- sults from use of improper, poor-quality fuel or lubricants as specified in the owner’s manual.
- Damage that results from disasters including earthquakes, storms, flooding, fires, hailstorms, rain, acids, sea water, chemicals and animals’ droppings.
- Damage that results from theft or an accident.
- Damage to the front and rear windshields and side windows that results from anything other than failures in the production process.
- Degradation of parts or lubricants of a Suzuki vehicle with specific service lifespans that results from normal operating conditions such as lubrication oil filters of Suzuki vehicle that have specific lifespans or have degraded as a result of normal operation, fuel filters, air filters, spark plugs, front ad rear brake pads, clutch linings, light bulbs, fuses, gaskets, O-rings, engine mount rubber bushings, belts, various hoses (rubber and plastic), windshield wipers, grease, lubricants, transmission fluid, brake fluid, power steering fluid, battery fluid, coolant, AC refrigerant, belts and timing belt.
- Costs related to towing, accommodation, food, car rental, medical care and time wasting plus other miscellaneous costs incurred as a result of your Suzuki has broken down during a drive.
- Any Suzuki vehicle on which the odometer has been changed or the odometer reading has been altered so that the mileage cannot be readily determined.
- Any Suzuki vehicle whose faulty or defective parts have been disassembled without approval by an aftersales service unit of Suzuki Motor (Thailand) Co, Ltd.
- Any Suzuki vehicle with the bodywork’s paint having blemishes, fading or covered with rust as a result of a lack of required maintenance.
- Noise, vibration, wear and tear or degradation of any kind of a Suzuki vehicle that results from normal operating conditions.
- Tires of a Suzuki vehicle that are under warranty by the tire manufacturer or the tire dealer.
- Adjustment of the front headlamps of a Suzuki vehicle that is considered to be part of normal maintenance.
- To keep your warranty valid, make sure you bring in your vehicle for scheduled maintenance services from 1,000 km to 100,000 km. The company offers four times of maintenance services free of charge at the first 1,000 km, 10,000 km, 20,000 km and 30,000 km. These services are offered without charging for labor, part replacements and engine oil change. As for costs incurred from other maintenance services beyond the designated mileage, the vehicle owner is liable to pay for any costs incurred in connection with labor and replacements of parts.
- Any failure to bring your vehicle in for scheduled servicing from 1,000 km to 100,000 km can nullify any of the warranties. Therefore, in the event of any damage to your vehicle, you are held liable for the overall costs of maintenance services incurred.
- To ensure your vehicle is at the top of its performance, you should bring your vehicle in for regular servicing at every 5,000 km. You are liable to pay for the costs incurred.
- After a drive along the beach or the seaside, wash the car with fresh water.
- After a drive on muddy surfaces, bring your vehicle in to have its braking system cleaned.
- After a drive in the floodwater as high as the driveshaft, bring the vehicle in for replacement of the fluids of the powertrain system.
- When any irregularity arises during a drive, inform the nearest service center immediately.